The Do’s and Don’ts of Indie Game Crowdfunding.
Kickstarter has become a household name for the up and comers and those who support them. But with everything that Kickstarter has to offer for game creators, it can still be a challenge to navigate the crowdfunding landscape, trying to raise funds and build a community.
Thankfully we’re going to speak with Anya Combs who is the director of games outreach from Kickstarter to get a better perspective of how Kickstarter works while discussing some great tips and tricks to make a game stand out, and some things to avoid.
Q?Box Round Answers!
The Q?Box round is a series of random questions so you can get to know a little bit more about our guest.
1) Zoo or Aquarium?
2) What’s your favorite book?
The Great Gatsby
3) What motivates you every day?
A little bit better than she was the day before
4) Crayons, colored pencils or sharpies?
5) What game are you playing now?
Animal Crossing….and a decent amount of Don’t Starve and Mario Kart with friends.
- Build your community early and often.
- Be honest.
- There is no such thing as failing.
- Talk to Anya! (She really wants to help).
RESOURCES AND LINKS
How to get in touch with Anya?