How Indie Devs Can Keep Their Community Healthy
The steps to creating a community can be a challenge in itself, but community management can be something completely different in itself. While there are some great perks that come with a community, there can also be some potential pitfalls that can lead to disgruntled community members.
Thankfully Jenny Windom of Rose City Games is able to shed some light on how to address situations that may arise and ways to circumvent or resolve conflict surrounding difficult community members.
Q?Box Round Answers!
The Q?Box round is a series of random questions so you can get to know a little bit more about our guest.
2) Dogs or Cats
3) Trains, Planes or Automobiles?
4) Apples or Oranges?
5) What game are you playing now?
Animal Crossing and dabbling in a little bit of Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Key Takeaways to create a healthy community.
- Know what you want from your community.
- Set the tone, mood, and expectations
- Have patience, empathy, and be kind.
- Consider learning about classroom management, it can help a lot.
- Set your own personal expectations too! You need time for yourself as well.
RESOURCES AND LINKS
Hug Your Haters by Jay Baer (not an affiliate link)
How to get in touch with Jenny? Twitter: @kimchica25
How to reach out to Rose City Games?