Listen or Download the whole episode here!
How Indie Devs can make their Kickstarter Stand Out with Neal Lorenza
With so many games and other businesses resorting to crowdfunding as a means to finish their project, it’s always difficult for games to stand out among so many distractions.
While it’s always a challenge to figure out ways to have your Kickstarter Campaign stand out, Neal Laurenza of Skymap Games shares how their campaign was able to deliver a greasy punch through the clutter and reach their funding goal.
Q?Box Round Answers!
The Q?Box round is a series of random questions so you can get to know a little bit more about our guest.
What is your favorite movie?
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Dogs or cats?
What is your favorite meal?
Any kind of curry dishes.
Trains, planes, boats or buses?
What are you playing right now?
- Have a very distinct and unique art style.
- Look at the weird periphery of your project to see if there are any other opportunities to go after.
- Don’t look at Kickstarter as just financial success but as a strategic play to achieve other goals.
- Leveraging connections made from contract work can help increase awareness and allow use resources for future titles.
- If there is an opportunity to work with someone who is really experienced try to get that perspective first before you start making your game.
RESOURCES AND LINKS
More info about Neal, Skymap Games, and their game!
Skymap’s Website: www.skymapgames.com
Bacon Man’s Website: www.baconmangame.com
Reach Out to Neal directly here!
Neal’s Twitter: @nealneato