Listen or Download the whole episode here!
How Indie Devs Can Build A Thriving Community
If there’s one thing that indie devs should know they need, it’s having a thriving community. But building a community and supportive fan base is no simple task and not knowing what steps to take can easily make the challenge of building one overwhelming.
Thankfully, Rami Ismail of Vlambeer is willing to offer his experience with creating communities and how they not only play a role to Vlambeer’s success but how his process and mission has had a positive impact on the gaming community as a whole.
Q?Box Round Answers!
The Q?Box round is a series of random questions so you can get to know a little bit more about our guest.
1) What is your favorite movie?
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
2) What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
Huge sports fan, played soccer. Prefers badminton to tennis for the fast pacing.
3) If you could only speak one word for a whole day, what would it be?
4) Most inspirational game recently?
Ace Combat 7
- Focus on the kindness!
- Manage expectations. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.
- Have fun with your community!
RESOURCES AND LINKS
WORLD GAME DEV CONFERENCE: Gamedev.world
Check out one of our blog posts if looking you’re for communities for indie game developers!
More info about Rami and Vlambeer
Rami’s Twitter: tha_rami