Want to help support the IGM? Visit our Patreon page!
Listen or Download the whole episode here!
Click here to listen on your preferred channel!
How Indiedevs Can Focus on Values While Leading Others
When making your game, sometimes it can be difficult to focus on anything else. But if your plan is to release your game, then you also need to focus on your business values and how those can carry over to the gaming community and beyond.
That’s why our guests today, brother team Khalil and Ahmed from Decoy Games talk about how their focus of developing core values and serving others was a means that led to the success of their first game and able to lead various communities.
Q?Box Round Answers!
The Q?Box round is a series of random questions so you can get to know a little bit more about our guests.
1) Most influential/inspiring Game?
Khalil – Left 4 Dead
Ahmed – Metal Gear Solid
2) Early bird or night owl?
Khalil – Night owl
Ahmed – Early bird
3) Name one thing that motivates you every day?
Khalil – Seeing people enjoy something that you create.
Ahmed – Passion for creating something that entertains people.
4) Zoo or Aquarium
Khalil – Zoo
Ahmed – Aquarium
5) If you could only speak one word for an entire day, what would it be?
Khalil – Food
Ahmed – Happiness
6) What game are you playing now?
Khalil – NBA 2k and playing a lot of MegaMan (on the Switch)
Ahmed – Zelda, Link’s Awakening and patiently waiting for Cyberpunk
Key Takeaways to consider when focusing on your business and community values.
- Who you know is important, so network! Start with your local gaming communities.
- There’s a lot of great free materials and resources available, take advantage of them.
- Don’t get emotional with what you’re doing.
- Start now! Don’t wait, if you want to get involved in this industry then start now!
RESOURCES AND LINKS
How to get in touch with Kahlil and Ahmed of Decoy Games?
Check out what they’re about and order your copy of SwimSanity on PC, Switch and X-Box!